Friday, October 17, 2014

The Hardest Journey...

There before me laid the grandest natural obstacle that had befallen any man. There was only one choice. I heard the voice in my head; you have to go on. My inner drive was giving me no choice, I knew what I would have to give up to continue.  I gazed upon the mountain an swallowed deep. It was so large I could no fathom ever reaching the summit. The journey up had to begin with the first step all that had to be done was to take it. Isn't that the hardest part? My feet did not want to move and my stomach was heavy. I wanted to conquer this behemoth more than almost anything. My lips were cracked and my mouth was dry even after drinking a large Diet Dew to celebrate my journey. It seemed like sweat was coming from my eyeballs.

After what seemed like an eternity, I did the impossible I took my first step up the mountain. Guess what happened? Nothing. It was just one step after another and another and another and another. Soon I was at the summit ready to descend it wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be nor as rewarding.

SCM Editor 8: Um...excuse me PSBE.
PSBE: Yes?
SCM Editor 8: Are you just describing working the stack of papers on your desk?
PSBE: Yes.
SCM E8: ........

Anyway, the Journey down was more perilous than the assent. Paper cuts abound, and I think editor 4 was lost to the deep craves of the confidential shred bin...